Me

My photo
para-para-paradise
“So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.” ― Stephen Chbosky
We must not expect happiness. It is not something we deserve. When life goes well, it is a sudden gift; it cannot last forever.

2.07.2010

The Daffodils


The Daffodils
(I narcisi)

I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud
(Erravo solo come una nuvola)

I wandered lonely as a cloud
Erravo solo come una nuvola

That floats on high o’er vales and hills,
Che galleggia in alto sopra valli e col line,

When all at once I saw a crowd,
Quando all’improvviso vidi una folla,

A host, of golden daffodils;
Una moltitudine, di dorati narcisi;

Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Accanto al lago, sotto gli alberi,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Svolazzando e danzando nella brezza.

Continuous as the stars that shine
Continui come le st elle che risplendono

And twinkle on the milky way,
E scint illano sulla via lattea,

They stretched in never-ending line
Si stendevano in una linea senza fine

Along the margin of a bay:
Lungo il margine di una baia:

Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Diecimila vidi con uno sguardo,

Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
Scuotendo le loro teste in un vivace ballo.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Le onde accanto ad essi bal lavano; ma essi

Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
Sorpassavano le scint illanti onde in allegria:

A poet could not but be gay,
Un poet a non poteva che e ssere gaio,

In such a jocund company:
In tale gioconda compagnia:

I gazed - and gazed – but little thought
Guardavo fisso - guardavo fisso - ma poco pensavo

What wealth the show to me had brought:
Che ricchezza lo spettacolo mi aveva portato:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
Perché spesso, quando sul mo letto giaccio

In vacant or in pensive mood,
Di dist ratto o di pensieroso umore,

They flash upon that inward eye
Essi ba lenano su quel l’occhio interiore

Which is the bliss of solitude;
Che è la beat itudine della solitudine;

And then my heart with pleasure fills,
E allor a il mio cuore si riempi di piacere,

And dances with the daffodils.
E balla con i narcisi .

No comments: