Me

My photo
para-para-paradise
“So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.” ― Stephen Chbosky
We must not expect happiness. It is not something we deserve. When life goes well, it is a sudden gift; it cannot last forever.

7.05.2010

Pezzo di intervista

Intervista che molti non ha senso o significato, ma per me come studentessa di lingue significa molto ed è anche una nella batosta per una che come me odia l'inglese con tutte le sue forze.

Gloria Estefan: I really think that if you live in this country you should try to speak the language. But what happens is a lot of people came here older, and there were so many of us, so many Hispanics, that came, that they were able to live their life without speaking English. And it’s very hard to teach older people languages.

Marc Fest: But what about young people...?

Gloria Estefan: But young people all speak English here. They go to school. On the contrary, kids are losing their Hispanic... They don’t speak Spanish well. I had to work really hard for my son to keep Spanish as a second language, because thank God, his grandparents don’t speak English and a couple of the house keepers don’t speak English, so he was forced to... And I also made sure he was bilingual. Some of his friends, they don’t speak Spanish. But what happens – we get a lot of immigration from other countries here of people coming from Nicaragua, from Colombia, who are already older and don’t speak English, and those people obviously don’t need to. You can live here your whole life, especially if you live in Hialeah [laughs] You could live your whole life without speaking English. That’s probably what they’re complaining about. And at the same time I still have to fight my record company to release "Oye" [as a single]. Because it’s in Spanish.

No comments: